FAB celebrates a record breaking year!
Posted: 19 January 2023 at 3:45 pm
FAB’s AGM took place on 19 January 2023, and we are extremely proud to share that following a difficult couple of years over the pandemic, FAB has broken many of its own records in 2021/2!
Greg Warman, VetSkill’s CEO and Non-Executive Director of FAB, says:
“I am delighted to attend today’s annual general meeting with a great set of results, and I have thoroughly enjoyed my first year as a member of the Board of Directors. Well done to the FAB Team, and a warm welcome to new Directors Amanda and Tim; I look forward to working with you both”.
The Annual Directors’ Report 2021-22 shows:
- A record number of AO/EPAOs in full membership, 174 as of 31 July 2022, representing more than 60 per cent of the UK’s regulated qualifications market by volume.
- Turnover increased from £553K in July 2021, to £850K at year end – an increase of 54 per cent. The surplus for the year of £37k up from £3.7k in the previous financial year.
- A successful roll-out of the organisation’s commercial strategy.
- A record profit of £64K on the annual conferences held in 2021.
- Increased online/ physical engagement and consistently good/excellent feedback scoring above 90 per cent satisfaction ratings for members in attendance at our various events and training courses.
- Website traffic has generally increased by a quarter (26 per cent) during the financial year, with the take up of our Google ranked number 1 specialist jobs board for the industry, doubling in the past 12 months.
- FAB has responded to 11 major policy and regulators’ consultations in the past year – an average of one major consultation every four weeks.
- FAB was winner of the Trade Association Forum, ‘Digital Innovation of the Year Award 2022’ in February 2022; for our pioneering work with Skills World Live Productions.
- FAB has been shortlisted by the Trade Association Forum for two awards in 2023: Trade Association of the Year and Good Governance of the Year (results announced on 23 February).
Commenting on the report, Tom Bewick, FAB chief executive, said:
“It’s great that after the difficult years of the pandemic we have been able to bounce back like this. We are very fortunate to have a highly engaged member-led Board and a dedicated staff team, who never fails to commit to service excellence; and push the parameters of innovation in terms of the member services that we provide.
“This includes punching well above our weight in the policy influencing sphere, where we have ensured that both policymakers and regulators fully understand our members’ views.
“In the year ahead, we will continue to roll out our agreed strategy, including our flagship industry conference being hosted at Silverstone on 8/9 November 2023, for the first time; and the launch on 1 February of our new Awarding & Assessment Academy offer. This will demonstrate a relentless focus and commitment to supporting the sector’s continuing professional development; as well as boosting inclusion and diversity in the career options available to under-represented groups.”