British Small Animal Veterinary Association (BSAVA)
BSAVA was founded in 1957 as a professional body to serve Veterinary Surgeons who treat companion animals and now has over 10,000 members. The BSAVA exists to promote excellence in small animal practice through education and science.

British Veterinary Association (BVA)
BVA is the national representative body for the veterinary profession in the UK. They represent the views of their members on animal health and welfare and veterinary policy issues to parliamentarians, government and wider stakeholders in the UK.

British Veterinary Nursing Association (BVNA)
BVNA was formed in 1965, it is the only representative organisation for Veterinary Nurses and other veterinary support staff in the UK. The aim of the BVNA is to promote animal health and welfare through the on-going development of professional excellence in Veterinary Nursing.

Citizens Advice
Citizens Advice provide free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. They aim to provide the advice people need for the problems they face and improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives.

Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA)
DEFRA are the UK government department responsible for safeguarding our natural environment, supporting our world-leading food and farming industry, and sustaining a thriving rural economy. DEFRA is a ministerial department supported by 33 agencies and public bodies.

Federation of Awarding Bodies (FAB)
FAB provide information, advice and guidance to their members to support us in providing high quality and valued vocational qualifications. FAB represent the interest of over 110 awarding bodies in their membership.

National Careers Service
The National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help people make decisions on learning, training and work. Use their website to search job profiles, undertake a skills health check, search for courses and learning providers, contact an adviser and get advice on the different stages of finding employment.

Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual)
Ofqual regulates qualifications, examinations and assessments in England.

Search this site to find out about the size, level and content of a regulated qualification. You can also search for recognised awarding organisations:
Register of Regulated Qualifications

PETS (Pet Passport Scheme)
Rules and information on entering and returning to the UK and other EU countries with your pets.

Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS)
The RCVS is the regulatory body for the veterinary professional in the UK. The RCVS hold Registers of those Vets and Veterinary Nurses who are qualified to practise. They set professional standards for Vets and Veterinary Nurses, and help practices raise their standards through their Practice Standards Scheme. The RCVS also provides guidance on the recruitment of Veterinary Nursing Students.

The Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD)
The Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD) protects animal health, public health and the environment. The VMD is an executive agency, sponsored by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.

Back to Homepage