Higher Educational Institutes
Add employability and professional registration to your degree programmes…
Nowadays, there is an increasing need for Higher Educational Institutes to set themselves apart from their competitors and give their graduates that added extra. A competitive undergraduate market means that less and less students are going to university ‘for the experience’ and, instead, are looking for real employability skills when choosing where, and what, to study.
Embedding the SQP requirements into your degree programme
There is now the possibility to embed the SQP requirements into existing relevant degrees, such as a BSc (Honours) or FdSc in Veterinary Nursing, Equine Science or Animal Science programmes; thereby providing graduates with the opportunity to join the VetSkill/Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD) SQP Register enabling them to prescribe and/or supply certain veterinary medicines (POM-VPS and NFA-VPS) from a registered premises.
Mapping document and application forms
We have developed a comprehensive document that will allow you to map your existing programme to the VetSkill SQP syllabus. This document, along with the additional information you will need, can be requested as part of the Institutional Approval and SQP Qualification Accreditation Pack below.
Step by step guide to embedding the SQP requirements
- Contact us: To discuss your initial plans
- Approval and accreditation pack: Complete the pack and return to us along with the appropriate fee
- Approval visit: A visit to your institution will take place at a mutually convenient time
- In-depth review: After approval is agreed, a VetSkill Quality Auditor will undertake an in-depth review of your mapping document and advise where, if any, gaps exist
- Provisional accreditation: Once the mapping document is reviewed and satisfied, provisional accreditation is confirmed
- Re-accreditation: Occurs after five years or following qualification changes/revalidation if sooner
Offering a standalone SQP Qualification
If your institution would like to develop a standalone SQP qualification that leads to direct entry onto the VetSkill/VMD SQP Register, it must be at least of level 4 standard. Please contact us in the first instance if you would like to discuss this further.